Thursday, November 13, 2014

Andalou Body Lotion, Citrus Verbena


Originally I bought this lotion for my husband because he was complaining about his dry hands. Of course being the cosmetic guru in the house I set out to save the day. I wanted to purchase something that contained natural ingredients which I knew he would appreciate. For anyone familiar with Harvest Health Foods, this is where I discovered the lotion although later realized it's available in several common stores.

About this product:
 Renews, repairs and regenerates cells for visible results.  Invigorating citrus verbena, organic aloe vera, apricot and sunflower oils, effectively hydrate and replenish to nourish, soothe, and soften dry skin. Non GMO. Organic. Leaping Bunny Certified. 11 oz. Retail price: $11.00 (Health Food stores tend to be more expensive but I did get in on sale for $8.00)

As I have become more familiar with the cosmetic benefits of fruit, the idea of using products with fruit extracts continues to intrigue me. Fruit ingredients include:



  • lime extract which is nourishing and protecting. 
  • Apple and Grape cells cultivated with a new cell technology by PhytoCellTec. These cells contain  antioxidants and anti aging properties.  
  • An 8 berry complex of certified Organic Acai Berry, Bearberry, Black Elderberry, Aronia Berry, Bilberry, Goji Berry, Rosehips and Sea Buckthorn Berry.  These super berries combat environmental stressors, cell turnover and strengthen dermal immunity.

I love the benefits of fruit!

Review: What first attracted me to this product was the way it felt when I applied it to my hands. I received immediate results of soft, smooth skin which felt and looked nothing short of miraculous (I'm not exaggerating). I absolutely love it's unique fresh citrus scent. I say unique due to what must be the natural smelling ingredients contained with in.

The other day my husband discovered his bottle of lotion in my vehicle. Apparently he wondered where it had tip toed off to. Oopsy! I have yet to find a product that helps recover my dry skin so well as Andalou.