Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Dermalogica Skin Care Treatment Experience


Whether it's a complication with dry skin, aging skin or a type of skin disorder, most of us are looking to remedy a facial skin concern.  

Dermalogica is a skin care company that has a range of facial products such as moisturizers, cleansers, exfoliants, masques, toners etc. They also have professional dermatologist you can visit for hands on facial treatments. 

Personally I'm not overly fond of the idea of someone poking at my face (or so I envision) but when I was given the opportunity to have a facial done by a nice lady who works on behalf of Dermalogica  as a dermatologist, I took it. 

Some may be surprised to discover that many ULTA beauty salons have a small spa room catered to giving people Dermalogica skin care treatments. It's a very relaxing atmosphere and not what I expected. The lights are dim with soft music playing which takes you away from the hustle of the salon and store itself. 

The lady removed all makeup except around the eyes as she gave me the option to leave it on. I figured I didn't want to walk out of the store looking like a complete freak, haha.

 The treatment was to address any skin concerns. As always, my biggest concern was my dry skin. As facial techniques were preformed, she talked her way through so that I would understand what she was doing. To my relief there was no poking involved and treatment was very gentle and soothing. By the end my skin felt pampered and above all fresh and clean. A substance was applied that seemed to slightly tighten my face and also left my skin feeling dewy.  

To get a visual on the type of treatments provided please see:

Below you can view the skin treatments menu offered in ULTA salons. I was given the 20 minute "Dermalogica Micro Zone Targeted Treatment" valued at $25.

For anyone interested in skin treatment, my brief experience says to go for it. You and your skin deserve to be pampered at least once in a while! 

Don't forget that Dermalogica is entirely cruelty free! Make sure to try out their products for your skin concerns. I am greatly looking forward to doing so myself.