Saturday, March 22, 2014

50% MORE CALCIUM THAN DAIRY MILK
Just the other day I was talking to my friend about how I've been drinking Soy and Almond Milk for years. Of course her initial reaction, "I would love to do the same but I have 4 kids to raise that need high amounts of calcium to help in forming strong bones." Wait a minute, let's get a little further educated here for just a moment. Did you know that products such as some brands of soy milk contain more calcium than that of regular dairy milk? For example in the above picture many of, "Silk" milk products contain 50% more calcium than that of dairy milk! (Please keep in mind that soy milk contains the protein and calcium our bodies need. Almond, rice and hemp milk is not as valuable to our bodies needs as is Soy based milk.) My recommendation to date is "Silk Milk". 

If that isn't reason enough to take interest in non dairy milk products, let me tell you something many people are becoming familiar with. Cows milk contains, blood, puss, mucus, herbicides, pesticides, fat, formaldehyde and need I say more? Are you aware that when a baby calf is born it is IMMEDIATELY taken from it's mother to be raised as veal? Where does babies milk go? To the human consumers of course! Who in their right mind would steal a baby away from it's mother and not allow her to feed her own offspring? 
 I have an 8 year old step son that enjoys Almond milk in his cereal. My husband and I drink it and highly recommend it. The Silk product line has also come out with their own holiday beverages such as, "Pumpkin Spice", "Mint Chocolate" and "Nog". Go for it and try them out! 

No comments: