Sunday, March 2, 2014

Home made face masks! Better than store bought!

MY home made masks! 

Home made avocado face mask
1 avocado
1 tsp honey
2 drops lemon essential oil
tiny squeeze fresh lime

I looked like the green goblin from spiderman!
I asked my husband to join in the fun but he decided it would be more fun to eat the rest!
I left the mask on for an hour because I want to reap full benefits. After rinsing, my skin felt really clean. To my surprise the mask seemed to tighten my skin! After patting dry I used pure coconut oil for extra moisture.  I will be making this mask again for sure. Preferably for it's long term benefits. 

Avocado is a great moisturizer for skin and helps protect against environmental damage that leads to fine lines and wrinkles. 

Honey is great for slowing down aging and a natural glow

Lemon is great at attacking toxins and smells wonderful! I used DoTerra lemon essential oil.
 ( DoTerra sells quality oils free of pesticides and chemicals allowing for full benefits unlike many essential oils on the market today).

Lime I added for fun because I had some available! Hey why not!? I added the juice but it's best to use the peel. Lime peels can combat aging skin. 


Home made Oatmeal mask

1/4 cup Organic Oatmeal cooked
1 tbs honey
Orange peel, grated

This mask was messy and hard to apply but once I had it on I could definitely feel that orange rind tingling my skin. Left it on for half an hour. Once again my skin felt very clean and fresh. 

Oatmeal has intense cleansing properties that remove dirt and oil. Combats dryness

Orange peels contain Vitamin C. Helps unclog pores, fight wrinkles, tone skin and much more!


I encourage ladies to try making your own masks over store bought chemical filled products. Not only is it better for us and our skin, but we are not purchasing products that test on animals:)

No comments: