Tuesday, March 18, 2014




I love creating my own organic cleaners and it's super easy to do! Best of all, no animals were tested on in the making of this product:)

What you need: 
Glass jar
White vinegar
Citrus peels (amount needed to fill your size jar). I used orange and grapefruit peels but you can use any citrus you like such as lemon and lime!

Place peels in jar and fill with vinegar. Let sit for approx. 7-10 days so that the scent of the peels penetrates into the vinegar. When ready, strain and dilute 1:1 with water. Now it's ready to use! In truth you don't have to wait that long to make your own home made cleaner. You can use straight up vinegar as an all purpose cleaner. I've done it plenty of times before. The vinegar scent will not last more than 15 min in my experience. Vinegar is great because it eradicates germs and bacteria. Happy Spring cleaning! 

No comments: